Wednesday, December 15, 2010

A Great Concert

I had such a good time tonight with my cousin, Lanny.  We are both elves visiting Holiday families in the same town and we both had children to watch in a Christmas program tonight.  So, I hid in the back of my Holiday family's truck when they were busy getting ready for the concert.  When we got there and they went inside, I borrowed their truck to pick up Lanny.  We snuck into the theater and found a place in the balcony with a perfect view of the stage.  We watched T sing with the 1st graders (I really liked the song about the pony).  And we watched P sing with the 3rd graders (loved the Frosty the Snowman).  We watched C singing about the 12 days of Christmas (he was one of the 10 leaping Lords).  They all did a really great job!  We were so impressed with the concert!  Just before the final bow, we hurried outside and jumped in the truck so I could get Lanny home.  We were in such a hurry with Lanny at the foot pedals and me at the wheel, that I'm afraid we created some accidental mischief along the way!  We bumped into a trash can and drove through part of someone's yard.  I think we even took a corner too fast and nearly hit a squirrel!  Thank goodness he was quick to get out of the way!  But, Lanny made it home safely and I made it back to the theater before anyone knew.  C & T were so surprised to find me in the truck after the concert.  I think they almost busted my ear drum because they were screaming so loudly!  What fun we have!  Just got into a little mischief tonight at home.  I wanted to see how big of a tower I could make out of the cans from the pantry.  Not bad, if I do say so myself!

No comments:

Post a Comment